Indulge in Gastronomic Bliss: Unveiling Culinary Delights at Villa Tanderra
Local produce and seasonal food is our focus wherever possible. With abundant seafood at our doorsteps as well as plenty of farming in the area, our seafood, fruit and vegetables come from local farmers and fishermen. We recommend an early morning visit to harbour, with our chef, as the local fishing fleet returns to port with the nights catch, a wonderful opportunity to select from the fresh and abundant fruits of our local seas.
Dining at the Villa
Tanderra’s private chef is skilled in a number of Sri Lankan and regional specialties.
We believe that an important part of a good holiday is delicious food and we aim to please from delectable rice and curries to seafood BBQs.
Your Chef will speak with you each evening to plan your dining choices for the next day.
As a boutique Villa we buy supplies daily so this is an important step to allow us to get to market early the next day to source the freshest and best seasonal produce.
Dining around us
Variety is the spice of life and so we encourage our guests to look at the variety of dining options in the area from pizza to seafood bbq’s some our favourites are as follows:
- The Lounge, Seafood, cocktails, Tangalle
- Upoint, Seafood, Kalametiya.
- Il Mare, Italian, Anantara, Tangalle (Fine dining)
- Verala, Asian, Japanese, Anantara, Tangalle (Fine dining)
- Kura Place, Seafood, cocktails, Tangalle
- The Last Drop, Seafood, cocktails, Tangalle
- Ceylon Excel, Tangalle
- Sera, South East Asian cuisine, Shangri -La, Hambantota